• DE
  • EN
RLP

The award-winning Documentation and Meeting House

The Permanent Exhibition in Hinzert

The landscape around the village of Hinzert is an idyll in a German countryside characterized by smooth hills and agriculturally used fields. No original traces refer to its use between 1939 and 1945 when the site was a Special Camp for political prisoners from more than 20 countries. The prize-winning project from Wandel Hoefer Lorch + Hirsch questions the political and territorial deformations of the landscape: a document center including archives, research library, seminar and exhibition spaces. The architects, internationally celebrated for their new synagogue in Dresden, continue with this new project their specific interest in the relation between material strategies and their conceptual potential.

Quelle: © Norbert Miguletz (Stand 10.2015)